Monday, January 12, 2009

Too Beautiful to Live

I spend too much time in front of the computer, all things considered. Because (most) of that time is used productively (ahem) I tend to listen to things while I work, which is why podcasts have been such a lovely thing for me. And, I suppose because I have so much time to "screen" shows I feel like I have hit on a pretty good mix of podcasts, NPR and pandora (with some personal tunes thrown in for kicks.) I'll be glad to share more as I go along, but... Anyway, around Halloween time I heard a great segment on This American Life (sorta a weekly treat for my ears) from this show in Seattle "Too Beautiful to Live." I have been pretty much hooked since then. It is high brow enough that the maybe 30% of attention that I give to the show occasionally while it plays in the background allows me to hear an interesting nugget or two of information every hour or so, and I genuinely laugh out loud every other show. Also, it is conveniently on in three, one hour, podcasts so I can spread them out throughout the day. Anyway, they just got written up as the new wave of something good in Talk Radio. They are definitely going places, so give them a try and I think you'll like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment