Thursday, January 8, 2009

Sony's Greek Tragedy

Sony has been an interest of mine for a while. It could be that I still have this idea in my head from back in the day that their products were simply better than their competition. Could be that I have respect for their (historic) preference for innovation over cost cutting. I like the way that the company was started from the ashes of Tokyo fire bombing and without a clear product that was going to be sold or manufactured. So that last few years have been especially interesting as a Foreigner has come in to run the company. In some ways I think that a split personality within the company was inevitable, but this?... Its a shame.

PS. I still haven't bought a blu-ray player despite the tantalizing existence of an even better Godfather. That says something.

No comments:

Post a Comment