Sunday, January 4, 2009

Our Finacial Times

It is oddly fitting that I would choose to write my first post (and link) to a Michael Lewis article. He has been my favorite author for quite some time mostly, I think, because he lives in a space with his material where he knows the fundamental absurdity of the topics he writes about, and yet doesn't shy away from conveying (what seems to be) a genuine feeling their importance all the same.

He is the best writer on money anywhere that I have read and it would be worth you while to read this one too. If you haven't read the SEC report that he refers to about the Madoff mess, you can find it online. It is well worth a read to find out how obtuse the SEC must have been to ignore Madoff for so long.

Welcome to my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment